93 replies to this topic

#81 Breezzee

Breezzee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • IPB Version:v2.3.x

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:37 AM

The update installed all AOK for me. No problems downloading the large v2.0 update.

The download was quick but the update and restore took over an hour or more to complete. Tried out a few of the free apps, the Instapaper app I like.

All in all, worth the 10 bucks in my view.

#82 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

Guy in Charge of Stuff and Things

• Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • IPB Version:v3.4.x

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

Alright, I took the leap and "downgraded" my amazing jailbroken iPod touch to 2.0, and it is nice, but too many overpriced apps. Some are priced nicely, others are complete bull. There is a TON of competition, especially between gaming developers already, and some disrespect among developers, but I believe that will die out after a while. I really miss my phone on my iPod, and the great customizations brought from Summerboard and Customize, but maybe Apple will allow it in the future.

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#83 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

• Management
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

[7.24.08]: Steve Jobs hinted at a new lineup of products for September this year during a recent interview. We can probably expect to see some revamped iPods, and maybe a revamped iMac or MacBook. Of course, The Steve won't say anymore and keeps his mouth shut when asked anymore questions, and damn the suspense is killing me.

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#84 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

• Management
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

[7.30.08]: iTunes 7.7.1 released. Apparently it only fixes bugs, no new things introduced.

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#85 AH Modding

AH Modding

IP.Board Modder

• IM Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

New products already ;) Apple are going all out this year! They only just updated the iMacs hehe

#86 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

• Management
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

[09.09.08]: As expected, Apple unveiled the new iPod lineup.

iPod nano

Posted Image

The new nanos are longer, but are curved, come in 9 total colors, and a 16GB version has been added. The firmware has been given a much nicer look, as well as great new features like Nike+ and the Genius tool, which finds music from your library or iTunes that is similar to what you are listening to at the moment as recommendations. There are many more things to talk about the slick new iPod nano, but you can check out http://apple.com for more info.

iPod touch

Posted Image

The iPod touch was already a massive achievement, but Apple really listened to people this time around, and added some much needed features such as built in speakers, and volume control. The new backing on the iPod touch is a lot like the iPhone 3G as well. The sides have been altered to look more like the iPhone as well. The Genius tool has been added to the touch, too. Firmware 2.1 has been released for the iPod touch which includes a slew of its own updates. Remember, if you are using firmware 2.0.x then this update is free. But if you are using firmware 1.x.x it will cost you $10 to upgrade, the same price as the 2.0 firmware was at the time. Even though there was a lot added to the iPod touch, it managed to only increase 0.5mm in width. I'd say that's impressive! Check out http://apple.com for more details.

iTunes 8

Posted Image

iTunes has been upgraded to version 8.0 from 7.7.1 and also includes the new Genius tool just like the iPod nano and iPod touch. There is also a new grid view for viewing your media. It looks pretty spiffy, but isn't anything amazing. But it does keep the long list of artists shorter, which is easier to scroll through, since all the artists are gridded in.

More info to be added later.

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#87 Martin

Martin

But but, it's not only only!

• Management
  • 7,142 posts
  • IPB Version:v3.3.x

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

That new backing on the iPod Touch was NICE! Hope they release a new iPhone 32GB with the same ;)

#88 China J

China J

ClubUgly

• IM Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

I don't understand... Isn't solid state drives up to 256gb and larger as of May? So why such small storage and high price on something costing as much as a laptop?

#89 AH Modding

AH Modding

IP.Board Modder

• IM Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Because I can't see why people would need more than 32GB on an iPod Touch. True, its like a mini-PDA, but you need a LOT of stuff on there.

Anyway, loving this event, was watching it ;) Seems the Touch has greater benefits over the iPhone at the moment.

That new backing on the iPod Touch was NICE! Hope they release a new iPhone 32GB with the same

I doubt that will happen soon, the iPod Touch we saw yesterday was probably near completion when iPhone 3G was announced, there has to be a reason they use two different types of backing, though I don't know it myself :)

#90 China J

China J

ClubUgly

• IM Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

Because I can't see why people would need more than 32GB on an iPod Touch. True, its like a mini-PDA, but you need a LOT of stuff on there.

Anyway, loving this event, was watching it ;) Seems the Touch has greater benefits over the iPhone at the moment.

That new backing on the iPod Touch was NICE! Hope they release a new iPhone 32GB with the same

I doubt that will happen soon, the iPod Touch we saw yesterday was probably near completion when iPhone 3G was announced, there has to be a reason they use two different types of backing, though I don't know it myself :)

That's the point, a lot of us classic users with 80gb and higher ipods find it difficult to convert to a smaller drive which pretty much forces us to maintain second pieces of equiptment for functionality.

The point behind the iphone was a all in one solution but to me its very limited especially for long distance travelers, and a lot of professional fields such as dj's and artists or financial consultants.

And I can't fathom why itouch limited to small drives period as it is not even a phone.

#91 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

• Management
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

That new backing on the iPod Touch was NICE! Hope they release a new iPhone 32GB with the same :)

Don't be fooled by some of the pictures, it is the same shiny backing as always, but maybe a better material, but still extremely easy to scratch...Apple will never learn, SIGH!

The iPhone has more benefits because it has a camera, better backing, GPS, and a phone of course, but in the long run, the iPhone does end up costing a lot more than the iPod touch, which is why I have an iPod touch instead of an iPhone.

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#92 DustinRyan

DustinRyan

• Management
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

What Does everyone think of the new MacBook, MacBook Pro, and refreshed MacBook Air?
In my opinion: beautiful, but expensive. I thought because of the bad economic times, Apple might lower the prices and make things more affordable for customers, but they chose the latter, and because of it...their stock prices dropped like crazy. Yesterday was great for Apple in anticipation of the new Macs, and stocks soared, but today they dropped so badly because of the disappointment in pricing.

Opinions?

Bitter.

signature_2014.png

#93 AH Modding

AH Modding

IP.Board Modder

• IM Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

I'll still buy one, cause they're beautiful ;) Just need to save up more.

#94 dasilver75

dasilver75

n00b

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IPB Version:N/A

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features.

The iPhone 6 is one of the most anticipated smartphones of 2014 and with Apple's iPhone 5s now nearing its first birthday, iPhone 6 rumours are flooding in. We've collected all of those rumours into one place, so you'll know everything there is to know about the iPhone 6 until Apple actually announces the device later this year. We've investigated the possible iPhone 6 release date, iPhone 6 price rumours, spec rumours and new iPhone 6 features.

This is the place where we present to you some of the more (and less) plausible iPhone 6 release date and new feature rumours from around the web. Continue reading to find out more about the iPhone 6 release date and its new features.

iPhone 6 release date: When is iPhone 6 coming out

We've been covering iPhone launches since 2007, which has stood us in good stead for predicting what to expect from Apple this year. The company hasn't launched a new iPhone outside of the five months between June and October - with a particular foundness for September. We're in that five-month window, so expect iPhone 6 talk to heat up from now (as if it's not hot enough already!) While the history books suggest that there will be an new iPhone 6 release date around September/October 2014, rumours did suggest that Apple would launch the next generation iPhone at its WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) keynote on 2nd June. Apple instead used the event to unveil iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite. See also: iWatch release date & rumour round-up Update: A new launch date of 9th September has been outed by re/code which says Apple has scheduled a big media event for that day. "As with September events past, the focal point of this one is to be Apple's next-generation iPhones" says the site which founded by former Wall Street Journalists Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher. The Mirror is reporting that the iPhone 6 will launch on September 19th in 32GB and 64GB, citing a report. Plus, the website MacRumors has slated a release for the third Friday in September which is in line with previous launches. Another rumour, this one from unidentified supply-chain sources who spoke with Taiwanese media, is that the iPhone 6 will now launch in August, according to Reuters. That's a month earlier than we expected and a little unusual. The reports also suggest that a larger model with a5.5- or 5.6in screen will then arrive in September, but again, the idea that Apple will launch two iPhones so close together seems unlikely. A recent iPhone 6 release date rumour to arrive, and one that we think is probably true, is that Apple employees have been told that they are not able to take some specific dates in September as holiday. That's usually a sign that something big is coming on those days, so we're fully expecting it'll be the iPhone 6. In fact, German carrier Deutsche Telekom has been telling Apple blog Apfelpage.de that the iPhone 6 will be released on 19th September, after being unveiled by Apple on 9 September, which seems like a safe guess to us. This has now been backed up by Chinese web portal Tencent (via MacRumours) citing inside sources. It also touts 19th September for a launch while giving some information on specs (see below). In July, a slightly dubious rumour from a MacRumors source suggested that the iPhone 6 would actually become available to buy on the 14th October, after a 16th September announcement. It seems odd that Apple would leave almost a month between the device's unveiling and the release date, as it usually releases its products around 10 days after their announcement. It's also a departure from Apple's usual Friday release date, as 14th October will be a Tuesday. However, it is possible that Apple is experiencing some issues with production of the iPhone 6, and that it fears consumers will decide to purchase a rival device if no iPhone is unveiled in the expected month of September.

5.5in iPhone 6 delayed until 2015

KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via Apple Insider), says that the 5.5in model could be delayed until 2015 - or late in the fourth quater at best. This is due to technical problems with the phone's in-cell touch panel, as well as colour unevenness on the redesigned iPhone 6 metal casing. Although similar problems are thought to be occurring on the 4.7in model, this will launch first with the 5.5in model to follow, according to Kuo.

iPhone 6 scam

The iPhone 6 absolutely hasn't launched yet, though, so don't be fooled by the most recent scam that's being emailed out to thousands of people from a convincing email address. The email, from sales@apple.com, says "The wait is over" and tells recipients that they can buy the iPhone 6 today. All they need to do is follow the links and fill out their Apple ID and password details. Please don't be fooled by this scam - it's a phishing site so entering your details will compromise your confidential details stored within your Apple account.

Apple iPhone 6 Images 2

Apple iPhone 6 Images 1

Edited by dasilver75, 16 August 2014 - 07:50 AM.

dasilver75 banner logo

Administrator - Webmaster - Developers

http://www.dasilver75.grn.cc

webmaster@dasilver75.grn.cc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq